Tabs

Monday, December 9, 2013

6 Weeks old Immunisations

On the 28th of November my daughter was 6 weeks old.
I can't believe how fast the weeks have gone by.
It mean't that she is old enough to get her first set of immunisation shots (vaccines).
I was immunised and I think that my daughter should get it too.
There are many parents out there delaying getting there children immunised because they have fears of what it being injected into there innocent child or because of the pain of the needle. I understand that.

When it came to the time of her being injected I was super nervous and scared for her but I held her. Suddenly the needle was slowly injecting the fluid into of the INANRIX -hexa vaccine into the side of her left thigh and then the next injection SYNFLORIX in the other thigh. . She was screaming and crying loudly as it was happening. I was holding her tight. My baby was in pain. It made me cry along with her but before we both knew it, it was over and done with. She crying and moan for a bit but once she got home it was like it had never happened. She is the same child that went into the doctor but with only one difference she is protected from Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Polio, Hepatitis B, Haemophilus influenzae type b and Pneumococcal disease.

I was quite nervous and scared for her getting it done but I prefer for her to get these few injections and be prevented from being sick with a the many diseases that are floating around. I would want her to experience the time in hospital and feel the pains and aches of what these diseases can cause.
That is the reason why I wanted her to be immunised.

  I didn't go to the doctors without research.
I made sure I knew what was going into my daughter soft chubby thighs.
The Infanrix -hexa in one thigh and the Synflorix in the other.

 These injecions prevent babies from getting them nasty diseases in New Zealand
 The first set of injections are there stated below

Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis/Polio/Hepatitis B/Haemophilus influenzae type b
1 injection (INFANRIX® -hexa)

and..

Pneumococcal
1 injection (SYNFLORIX®)


Don't get me wrong though these diseases may not be easily caught or let alone be here in New Zealand but do you really want to risk it. I don't.

So at the end of the day I'm happy to say my child is immunised and I'll ave no problems taking her to day care and pre school.

Many of you may disagree with me so please tell me your thoughts and opinions abut this.

No comments:

Post a Comment