Tabs

Friday, December 6, 2013

Day Two


Most of us would stay in hospital over night to get breastfeed established, all rested up and adjusting to the fact that you are a MOTHER. On this day realisation kicks in and the daze that you were in the day before has faded but your happiness of having baby with you will never fade, he/she is your child and always will be till he end so you might as well give he/she a good life. You baby would have had tests done day before. Day two your baby will have a hearing test if not done day before. My baby hearing was perfect. The hearing machine thing intrigued me. But that's me I really like medical related stuff. Biology fascinates me a lot. I thinking of becoming a midwife because of it. Okay I'm going off topic. Day two, you still feel pretty fatigued at this point and by now you'd be sick of changing your pad every so often. It's like change baby nappy and change mine. Bleeding is what you have to deal with after giving birth and it sucks big time but it natures way of healing the body. I spent the whole day in hospital getting use to breastfeeding and I could say I learnt the ropes of it but every now and then had difficulties getting comfortable and baby was wriggling around or would fall asleep. It made me happy that I wasn't starving my baby. Reason I say that is because on day one I didn't have the confidence to face more pain on my nipples as they were really sore. My heart hurt because I refused to feed her. I cried and was scared. With encouragement I was able. At 5pm I decided to go home just because of the fact that I could. My partner mentioned it and the nurse said okay if really want to. I wanted my own bed. Hospital beds are not comfortable. She look so adorably tiny in her car seat. I'm surprised she fitted in it. Off we drove me and my new family. Time to do it all my own. That scared me a little but I had my partner and my mum here at home with me so it gave me comfort knowing that if i nee help. mainly encouragement. My journey of motherhood had began that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment