Tabs

Friday, December 6, 2013

My Pregnancy

1-3 Weeks Pregnant

Roughly about January 12th 2013 while we were on holiday I was noticing something was different. My female intuition was telling me I was pregnant. I didn't know for sure if this was true but I couldn't help but wonder why I was feeling this way. I was sexually active those passed few weeks. After a few days I was noticing symptoms. I knew it was to early to find out but I told my partner. "I have not had my period yet, I could be pregnant" I said with concern. We waited 6 days then we finally got a pregnancy test. I couldn't wait any longer, we had to know. I took the test only to my disappointment yet relief that the test was negative.

3-5 Weeks Pregnant

Few days later we arrived home. It is always a weird feeling coming back to your house after a holiday, it has a different feel to it but once you settle in it back to how it always was. On February 6th 2013 I had made an appointment at the doctors to get a pregnancy test done because my female intuition was really bugging me. Off I went to the doctors, walked though the door and waited for my doctor to call my name. I was called not long after I sat down and I enter the consultation room. "How can I help you today" said the doctor. Told her what was going on and asked for a pregnancy test. She gave me a container and sent me to the bathroom and I came back with the urine sample and she done the test. To my luck my intuition was right. I was PREGNANT. I just found out that I had conceived a child on January 5th 2013. My baby due date (EDD) was October 12th 2013. I was 4 weeks 4 days pregnant. I told almost everyone that I knew.

6 Weeks Pregnant

I went to have a ultrasound baby scan on the 22nd of February to find out exactly how far pregnant I was and it showed I was 6 weeks 6 days pregnant. I got to take home some pictures of my little peanut. It was an awesome feeling knowing I was pregnant and I finally had the proof even though the baby was super tiny.

8 Weeks Pregnant

I was 8 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I was having blood spotting and I was concerned about the baby so I told my midwife and she booked me in for another ultrasound to see if baby was okay. Turned out baby was fine. I got more picture of the baby and it was a little bit bigger than a peanut.

11 Weeks Pregnant

I was 11 weeks and 4 days pregnant and yet again I had spotting and cramping pains so I had a third ultrasound. My baby had grown so much it actually looked like a baby in the picture. I could see the baby had it's daddy's nose. This time I had left with pictures and a dvd of the ultrasound. I could feel flutters like butterflies in  my stomach I wasn't sure if it was baby or not.

18 Weeks Pregnant

I was just starting to show. I had a little bump at 18 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I felt baby kick and flip at 16 weeks. It was time for my next ultrasound scan on the 16th May 2013 and I was super excited to find out what the sex of the baby is. I keep changing my mind about finding out the sex. I was like no I'll wait til baby is born then I would want to know. This was a battle for me until the day finally came and I said, okay, yes I am finding out whether the baby is a boy or a girl. After all the checking of baby was done I remember hearing the guy doing the ultrasound say "it looks like it is a little girl, there's the three line". I'm having a GIRL.

19 - 39 Weeks Pregnant.

Through this time it was pretty easy going no problems. I was taking photo pretty much everyday. A month after being 18 weeks I noticed you could defiantly tell I was pregnant. Sleep was uncomfortable. I keep needing to go toilet. I was starting to waddle as I walked. At about 20 I had decided on a name for our baby girl. By August we started getting clothes for baby. We got things quite late but we needed to save up the money for the stuff for our baby girl. It wasn't til September til we got a cot and a free bassinet from a lady on trademe.co.nz. It took a week to figure out how to put the bassinet together. I took a few videos of baby kicking me I could see her move around around 28 week pregnant. On the 22nd of September I had a baby shower with Jamie's Family. None of my family could make it as they were in the north island of New Zealand and we were in the south island of New Zealand. I was little disappointed but it was okay. I got a few blankets, baby bath stuff,  baby clothes, a music picture frame and a few animal books for baby girl. At 39 weeks  three days before my baby was due I was finally half through packing my hospital bag. On the 10th of October I had taken photos and I was ready to pop.

40 Week Pregnant

The due date 12th of October has finally came. Nothing but a few braxton hicks were happening at this point and I was sick of waiting and playing the guessing game of when baby was going to arrive. On the 13th of October my mum flew down from Palmerston North to spend 3 weeks with me to help out with almost everything. Two days went passed and I was still going through my day as normal, well as normal for being 40 weeks and 3 days pregnant and overdue.

40 weeks 4 day Pregnant

All through the day the 16th of October I was having braxton hicks that were irregular from 10-20 mins apart. Turn out they were contractions. I started timing them. A fews times they were 5-7mins apart but it slowed down and was back at 10-20mins. This keep happening all day. It came to 3pm and my mum my partners dad and I went to the towns monument. It was a bumpy gravel ride up to it on a hill..I was enjoying the message from the vibration. The bumps didn't bother me.
When we got there and out of the car I lend on a park bench while having a contraction. I had 4 one the way there but they didnt hurt just uncomfortable..Once we came home I had timed more contractions but they weren't close enough so I rang midwife was told to stop timing, so I did. 8pm hit on the clock and something was feeling different. I was getting really sore period pain and back ache plus some tightening. Was it time..10pm came things calmed down so I tried to sleep but pains were getting worse. 12am came and I was in labour, just when partner was home from night shift. The baby was coming....



like to read more continue by reading my next blog... Labour & delivery story...

                       Hope you enjoyed reading my blog!!
                                                        Byes!





No comments:

Post a Comment